Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Training Day #3

One word and one word only: Pain.

Although I've discovered that the best pre-workout snack for me is the Nature Valley's Peanut Butter Crunchy Granola Bars. I'm not a breakfast eater and I go for my workouts at the strike of noon so if I don't eat something (which I failed to do last week), I nearly die during the workout and become so hungry that all I can think about is what I'm going to get for lunch instead of focusing on my lats. Oh man, these granola bars have come a long way from when I first started consuming them about 7 years ago - the extra addition of extra peanut butter seems to really do the trick for me. Mmmm, crunchy, delicious granola bars. I crave these things now -especially since I don't have much of a sweet tooth. These have become delicious candy for me in the morning and provide me with just enough of the energy I need to really work out with my trainer. Oh man, now I want another one.


2 comments:

Brianne said...

these granola bars have also come down in calories and fat - when I first ate them back almost a decade ago they were almost 200 calories PER BAR (with 2 bars per pack) and loaded with fat. I stopped eating them because my "snack" suddenly became 400 calories if I ate the 2-pack.

PS I agree the PB ones are amazing.

Pinchie said...

I agree about the amazing taste, but 11 g of sugar? Woah!

Probably still better for you than cow fat, though. ;)