Thursday, August 9, 2007

Mid-morning munchies

Ok, so I shouldn't really be blogging at work, but I just had the worst case of the mid morning munchies! My stomach was growling and I couldn't fathom eating my tuna salad before noon so I ventured down to the evil convenience store of temptation. So many flavours of Old Dutch chips waiting patiently for me to devour them... just thinking of windmills makes my mouth water. But instead I marched over to the coffee shop and found (amidst all the delicious pastries) a fruit/yogurt/granola cup! I know there's probably some awful stat on the calories in granola, but it was the principle of the thing.

-jess

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! I'm powerless in the face of Old Dutch salt and vinegar chips. To preven the mid morning munchies, I bring a plethora of health snacks to work. I think bree would agree that humous and whole grain crackers is a fabulous option. I would list the other things I eat but I've been told that my food choices are weird/gross.

realgir! said...

Please submit all weird/gross snack ideas. Being single has let me combine all kinds of things away from prying eyes, so I'm pretty open minded!

Anonymous said...

BioBest plain non-fat yogurt....
Homemade hummus and baked flat breads (instead of pita)...
an apple....

In the afternoon I like to have a cup of soup because its sort of like a second lunch but not as calorie-ridden or as filling plus it gives me a boost so i can dominate the double-classes at the gym :)

I know it doesn't sound all that appetizing but its been working for me for my morning/afternoon sugar cravings :)

Anonymous said...

My nutritionist advised me that protein in the afternoon is key to warding off high card mid-afternoon snacks. I like nuts and pumpkin seeds (the shelled green ones - not popular with other at the movies, though). I have also been known to crack the odd can of sardines. New Brunswick has a variety of flavours.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you still eat sardines after the worm incident.

you're right though, nuts are great. I have actually been having some mixed nuts in the afternoon lately. and I never thought about it before, but they actually really help my sugar cravings .... allie you're so smart!