Sunday, July 22, 2007

I’ve found that one of the key components to getting in shape, and staying in shape, is a workout buddy who is just as motivated as you. Op. Skinny Jeans is a perfect way to band together for hotness, but I’ve also found that getting to the gym alone is a lot more difficult then if you actually have plans to go with someone else. Since the rest of the crew is in Ottawa/out East, I’m rocking the workouts solo here in Toronto.

Fortunately a work friend has become my workout buddy. This has helped in getting my butt to the gym at lunch, instead of eating crap from the Queen West area, and also resulted in a morning run last week. Since he met in front of my building, I had no option but to drag myself out of bed and go running. I am not a morning person at all, but it definitely feels good getting out before work and hitting the pavement. One big surprise is that there sure are a lot of people out early in the morning! The mornings in Toronto are for runners, which is something I noticed early Saturday mornings when I haul ass on my long runs. They are everywhere (with some hardcore cyclists in the mix as well)!

Last week, in part thanks to Dave, I made it to the gym every single day. He’s been working out with a personal trainer where as I have been flopping around trying to figure out a good workout plan. I think my next step is to get a trainer for a few weeks and see what happens.

On another exciting note, I am currently wearing my skinny jeans. Not just any skinny jeans, but a pair that I wore when I was 19 and weighed about 102 lbs. YES.

Positives this week: Did not have a drop of alcohol until Friday (2 gin & tonics).
Worked out every single day.

Negatives: Nachos from La Hacienda. Mmm.

--Stevie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Toronto, JS and I would go running together in the morning. It was awesome. I hope you and Dave have fun!

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Toronto I went through a phase where I woke up at 5:00am and went for a run before I went to work... that was during my "ridiculous" phase ;)